Monday 22 February 2010

Family party

Tomorrow it is my father-in-law's 70th birthday. He sure does not look and certainly does not act it and I am sure he does not think he is actually 70. He is a big kid at heart hose favourite pastime ever is messing about with his grandsons. I am so lucky to have such lovely in-laws who love me and Mr G and adore and dote on our boys. They look after them for 2 days a week whilst I work even though they live 35 miles away and have to get up at the crack of dawn and get home on Tuesday in the dark. They love coming here and we love having them here. We took them out for a meal this evening to our local Italian restaurant. The food was lovely, the wine was fab (shame 2 of us were driving) and the boys were really well-bejaved even though they were tired towards the end. We came home for Rocky Road Birthday Cake and Candles that we all 4 of us made yesterday and which is F-i-L's absolute favourite, and the boys went to bed at about 8.30 which is way later than usual (though Little Pickle did have a little nap in the restaurant he perked up when the RR came on the table!). I hope the boys sleep well tonight. Little P has been bad recently but I think that is more to do with me than him. I need to go to bed earlier and be in a better state to go to him when he wakes and soothe him without picking him up and getting into the double bed with him and having terrible sleep after this (like last night and the night before and before that). Hopefully a good night tonight will inspire me into another one tomorrow night without the grand-help!

No comments:

Post a Comment