Saturday 3 December 2011

To Be Read 2012


I have shelves full of books in my house many of which I have read but many of which I have had on my To Be Read list for years. I saw this challenge for 2012 and thought it was right up my street.

Here is my pile

31 Songs - Nick Hornby
Love in the Time of Cholera - Gabriel García Marquez
Paula - Isabel Allende
Big Stone Gap - Adriana Trigiani (oops picked up the wrong book for the pic)
The Resurrectionist - James Bradley
Birdsong - Sebastian Faulkes
Dylan Thomas - Andrew Lychett
Eating Children - Jill Tweedie
The Christmas Books - Charles Dickens
Birds Without Wings - Louis de Bernières
Quiet Moments in a War - The Letters of Jean-Paul Sartre to Simone de Beauvoir
1940-1963
Tess of the D'Urbevilles - Thomas Hardy
Insomnia - Stephen King

In no particular order I have to read 12 of the TBR pile in 2012 (with 2 spares in case 2 are no-goes). The challenge starts on 1st January 2012 and ends on 31st December 2012 by which time all the books will have been read and reviewed here. I think it is a fab challenge and hope it makes a big space on my groaning bookshelves in 2012!

2 comments:

  1. I've read The Resurrectionist (for book club a couple of years ago). Wouldn't say I loved it, but it was very different from my usual book fodder. Also have Big Stone Gap in my bookcase - may read that next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Resurrectionist was a gift from a good friend a couple of Christmases ago and I started it but did not get past the first page. Hope this attempt lasts longer!

    ReplyDelete